- 28-Feb-2017 to 31-Dec-2021 (CST)
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- Full Time
Title: Shipping & Fulfillment Clerk
Reports to: Production Manager or Supervisor
Direct Reports: None
Interacts with: Vendors and Suppliers, Customers, Fellow Employees of RedCard
The Shipping & Fulfillment Clerk is responsible for printing documentation needed for shipping and fulfillment including printing of booklets, as needed. Manages the fulfillment of handwork jobs & packing of bulk boxes. Prepares and packages client orders and ensures they are shipped according to intended ship dates as stated on job ticket unless special instructions. Responsible for assisting both internal and external customers in a friendly and expeditious manner.
- Prints job specific documentation daily for fulfillment and shipping
- Match ALL label generated documentation to corresponding shipments (UPS, FedEx, USPS Priority, etc)
- Verifies/quality controls finished cards, printed letters and booklets using the print sequence number and the production schedule to verify that all print components are accounted for.
- Maintain strong attention to detail in order to accurately prepare routine work in a timely manner
- Resolve shipping issues by researching and tracking problem shipments in response to customer complaints or Client Services request
- Meet all US Mail and USPS deadlines & contact FedEx for specific shipments when necessary
- Communicates holiday shipping schedule to FedEx & UPS
- Maintains files for incorrect labels that need to be generated
- Follows directions and instructions of Production Supervisor
- Notifies Production Supervisor of any fulfillment/shipping problems or quality issues, spoilage or reprints that are required
- Communicates to required personnel when Client or Client Services inquire about tracking, shipped, damaged, or missing packages, etc
- Supports production staff in operating production equipment when needed
- Follows all standard operating procedures and instructions relevant to the job, position and department accurately.
- Follows established HIPAA, Compliance & Security policies & department policies, procedures, work instructions and safety and environmental guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in a shipping and fulfillment environment preferred
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have basic computer skills (data entry, etc.).
- High School diploma or equivalent GED required
- Adaptability Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes and requirements.
- Teamwork/Collaboration Proactively tries to build effective working relationships with other people. Treats people with dignity, respect and fairness. Supports one another in order to move team towards the completion of goals.
- Energy Consistently maintains high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended period of times.
- Living the Vision and Values Keeping the company's vision and values at the forefront of decision-making and action.
- Time Management Effectively manages one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Quality Orientation Vigilantly watches over job processes, tasks, and work products to ensure freedom from errors, omissions, or defects. Setting and maintaining high standards of performance for self and others.
- Safety Awareness Identifies and corrects conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
- Communication Communicates accurately and effectively both in oral and written form. Practices active listening. Expresses thoughts and ideas with confidence and respects opposing views
- Applied Learning Puts new knowledge, understanding, or skill to practical use on the job, works hard to better self in work role.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift 50 lbs. or more
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Use standard office equipment
- Must be able to maintain good attendance
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed, significant overtime may be required during busy periods